Open Context

1993 Inserts

[Insert A]

The following pages have been added from 1993 baulk trim of the western section of T-22.

35% Coarseware

  • Mostly body sherds (85%). Diagnostics are 15% of sample: 7 handle fragmenrs, 8 rim fragments, and one base.

35% Impasto

  • Mostly body sherds (85%).  Diagonstics are 15% pf sample: 30 rims, 1 handle, 1 base, and 1 tondo fragment.

20% Orange ware

  • Mostly body sherds (90%). 5 rims and 1 handle are remaining 10 %.

5% Bucchero/ Buccheroid

  • Mostly body sherds, but also one rim, one handle, and one conical foot.

4% Cream ware

  • Mostly body sherds with one handle and one rim.

1% Grey ware

  • Body sherds and one rim.

1.5 litre boxes of bone.

1 small fragment of bronze.

[Insert B]

Saturday, July 24, 1993

AM

Work began trimming back the west baulk and cleaning up washout in T-22.  A litre lotte carton of pottery and half a cassetta of tile was recovered.

PM

No work.

[Insert C]

Monday, July 26, 1993

AM

No work completed on west baulk

PM

Baulk trim on west baulk continued on A-I.  Approximately  one half cassetta of tile and two-thirds of a litre latte box of pettery. No special finds were recovered.

[Insert C]

Tuesday, July 27, 1993

AM

Baulk trim on west baulk completed for A-I.  One half of a casetta of tile and plaster fragments and one half of a litre latte box of pottery.

PM

West baulk trim in J-T begun and completed through O.  The soil which comprised most of the trim broke into hard, dark brown clayey clumps which had alot of carbon bits, plaster, and very small pieces of terracotta.  One quarter of a cassetta of tile and one half a latter carton of pottery were recovered.

[Insert D]

Wednesday, July 28, 1993

AM

No work done in J-22

PM

Baulk trim on N-T recoverd one third of a litre latte carton of pottery and a few sherds of tile were recovered.  A piece of pan tile with a fingertip impression was recovered form N/54-55.

[Insert E]

Friday, July 30, 1993

AM

Baulk trim produced 1 full cassetta and 1/3 latte of pottery and bone fragments.

19930078

19930078

19930080

19930080

  • Find # 2
  • K-R (Baulk trim)
  • Found on pottery table
  • Molded bucchero tondo

19930144

19930144

  • Find # 3
  • MS 1 1993 8-2 1993
  • T-22, P-Q-R 153 (baulk trim)
  • crucible fragment (found in association to baulk trim material in procession the material from this area)
Property or Relation Value(s)
Temporal Coverage
[Standard: Dublin Core Terms]
Editorial Note

Open Context editors work with data contributors to annotate datasets to shared vocabularies, ontologies, and other standards using 'Linked Open Data' (LOD) methods.

The annotations presented above approximate some of the meaning in this contributed data record to concepts defined in shared standards. These annotations are provided to help make datasets easier to understand and use with other datasets.

Suggested Citation

Sarah Leach. "SL I (1993-07-23):121; 1993 Inserts from Italy/Poggio Civitate/Tesoro/Tesoro 22/1993, ID:411". (2017) In Murlo. Anthony Tuck (Ed.) . Released: 2017-10-04. Open Context. <http://opencontext.org/documents/0cac5d08-f179-43c7-b111-10c118af3c98>

Editorial Status

●●●○○
Managing editor reviewed

Part of Project

Murlo

Mapping Data

Copyright License

Attribution 4.0

To the extent to which copyright applies, this content carries the above license. Follow the link to understand specific permissions and requirements.
Required Attribution: Citation and reference of URIs (hyperlinks)