August 5, 1980
Meters EE-FF/12 were taken down to ~1.5 m, thus breaking the barier between T-23 1980 Extension and T-23 1979 Extension South. The soil at this level is yellow-gray, as was noted at this level in other meters of T-23 1980 Extension, and is presumed to also be just above galestra and thus is virgin soil. Meter GG/12 has been excavated to ~70 cm and will not be excavated further this year. This completes the excavation of T-23 1980 Extension and of the entire T-23 area for this season (1980).
The following data should be noted:
1. The stone packing at 1.2 m in GG-HH-II/11 was photographed today.
2. Several large stones were uncovered at ~1.1 m in EE-FF/12. These were cleaned down and photographed. Since they were isolated stones, they were removed.
3. The large pantile () was labeled and taken down to the magazzino.
4. Pithos fragments (4 cassetta) found in T-23 1980 extension were placed in 2 half oil drums and the drums labeled and placed in the southernmost end of T-23 1979 Extension North. Pithos found with cleaning T-23 1979 extension was also placed in these drums.
5. Pottery discard were placed in two half oil drums and placed beside the pithos oil drums. One drum contains discard pottery from cuts 1-3 and the other from cuts 4-7.
6. The tile pile was buried. However, when it was learned that permission from the Superintendent of Archaeology to bury this tile had not been given, the tile was re-exposed.
|Property or Relation||Value(s)|
[Standard: Dublin Core Terms]
Open Context editors work with data contributors to annotate datasets to shared vocabularies, ontologies, and other standards using 'Linked Open Data' (LOD) methods.
The annotations presented above approximate some of the meaning in this contributed data record to concepts defined in shared standards. These annotations are provided to help make datasets easier to understand and use with other datasets.
To the extent to which copyright applies, this content
carries the above license. Follow the link to understand specific permissions
Required Attribution: Citation and reference of URIs (hyperlinks)