Boxes of Tiles 5
Boxes of Pottery
Work continued on T-17 -- sectors A-J 4-9
In sector H-J7 at cepth c. 1.10m 4 small pieces of slag appeared.
Tiles continued to appear at depth c. 1.20m G-5. The tiles were heavily compressed together. Beneath them was heavy concentration of carbon matter. Among the tiles -- fragments of large pithos and bucchero. The line formed by the tiles in G, 7-5 ran parallel to the N. wall of the upper bldg. and continued the line of tiles in sectors G-H 10-22 [seep. ]
2. At depth c. 1.30m F-6 -- fragment of small cup missing part ofhandle and lip
- Find #2
- c. 1.30m
- Fragment of small cup
Next to the pot occurred several pieces of slag and few small pieces shapeless bronze.
- Find #4
- c. 20cm
- Fragment of terra cotta "cut-out"[joins piece from D-10]
- Find #5
- c. 20cm
- Fragment of rocchetto
- Find #6
- c. 1.30m
- Fragment of cover tile with letter
7. At depth c. 1.20m F-5 -- fragment of vessel -- rough terra cotta -- heavily blackened on the interior surface with a few traces of bronze embedded into the terra cotta.
- Find #7
- c. 1.20cm
- Fragment of vessel
- Find #8
- c. 1.10m
- Fragment of terra cotta "cut out"
- Find #9
- c. 80cm
- Bronze "needle"
12. At depth c. 1.30m H-5 -- fragment of frieze. Part of 19710429AB I p. 34 .
14. At depth c. 1.35m H-5 -- what appears to be lid of small vessel -- made of [bone] [ivory] with bronze knob inset in middle.
- Find #14
- c. 1.35m
- What appears to be lid of small vessel
- Find #15
- c. 1.20m
- terra cotta "weight"
|Property or Relation||Value(s)|
[Standard: Dublin Core Terms]
Open Context editors work with data contributors to annotate datasets to shared vocabularies, ontologies, and other standards using 'Linked Open Data' (LOD) methods.
The annotations presented above approximate some of the meaning in this contributed data record to concepts defined in shared standards. These annotations are provided to help make datasets easier to understand and use with other datasets.
To the extent to which copyright applies, this content
carries the above license. Follow the link to understand specific permissions
Required Attribution: Citation and reference of URIs (hyperlinks)